Monday, February 24, 2014

California Lovin' Day 2: Thursday

Hi Everyone!

I hope you guys had an amazing weekend :D I know I did and I feel so blessed to have spent our first weekend at our new home :)

I wanted to go ahead and share some pictures and such of what we did on Thursday. We really did a bunch of touristy things and had such a good time!

We started out the day going to the Griffith Observatory which was absolutely gorgeous! The best thing is that going there is free, you just have to pay for the planetarium or if they are doing any special shows. You could see the Hollywood sign from the observatory as well. They had a NASA station outside too which was really cool. On the grounds of the Griffith Observatory, there is a map of the planets and where they are located in reference to Earth.




One of the coolest things we saw at the observatory is the Tesla Coil Replica. It was really cool and you could feel the vibration of the energy when they turned it on. I feel like I got some pretty good pics :)



After the observatory we were pretty hungry so we headed off to the original Phillipe's French dip in Chinatown and it was amazing! The place was really cool on the inside as well except I forgot to take any pictures of the inside :( fail! lol :p if you do ever come to LA though, you have to try this place! the food is effing awesome! but just remember to bring cash because it's cash only! (they do have an ATM though)



Since we were in Chinatown, we decided to check it out after lunch to kind of walk off some of that food that was sitting in our tummies :p this place was so cute! and apparently there was a chinese restaurant that was in the movie Rush Hour.



We ended up going home for a few hours to relax and take a break before heading out to dinner. We made reservations to go to Duke's in Malibu and it was amazing. The views were gorgeous and the food was pretty awesome too :) Price point wasn't bad either :p We had calamari to start and then I had the shrimp and crab salad. For dessert we shared the hula pie which is what Duke's is known for and it was huge and delish!



Can I just tell you that Thursday was completely awesome but definitely tiring at the same time :) Have you guys been to California/LA? where do you like to go?

stay tuned! there's one more edition of California Lovin' day 3 coming tomorrow :)

until next time <3

..diana









2 comments:

  1. I love Griffith Park/ Observatory! I need to try out Dukes! I live in LA! There is so much to do here. One of my favorite restaurants is Porto's Bakery. I've only been to the one in Burbank, but I think there are a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke's in Malibu is SO awesome! Love Griffith Observatory too. That French dip doesn't look too shabby either!! You've gotta try Malibu Farm: http://www.malibu-farm.com. It's at the end of a pier which makes you think it's lame but it is AWESOME and foodie.

    ReplyDelete