Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekly Rant: Sprint Store Issues!

Hi Everyone!

I was thinking about what I would want to post on this beautiful Sunday morning and I thought that doing a weekly rant would be kind of fun :) I had an experience that down right wanted to make me pull my hair out on Friday and wanted to share.

Ok, so let's start from the beginning.I am an avid Apple products user. I love all my Apple products, one of them being the iPhone 5s. I've owned iPhones for the past fews years (the 4, 4s and now 5s) and never had any issues with them which is one of the reasons why I love them so much. Well anyway, after having the phone for a few months, the bottom of the multitouch screen stopped being responsive. Sometimes it would work, and sometimes it wouldn't. It made for texting to be awful and I wasn't able to play Words with Friends at all.. because I couldn't click on the dang letters. It was super inconvenient so I made an appointment with the Genius Bar to see if there was something wrong with it. God knows I've factory reset and restored my phone numerous times to see if it would help and it didn't.

So Friday was my appointment at the Genius Bar and as always the people working at Apple are simply amazing and always willing to help. They ran a diagnostic on my phone to find out that 12 out of 15 apps on my phone were continuously crashing and one of those apps being tied to the multitouch screen. They told me that it was a software issue so they said they would go ahead and replace it for me. That was easy peasy.

Now comes the issue. First, they weren't able to activate the phone at the Apple Store and they said that my service provider, Sprint, sometimes had issues with activating in the store so they said that they would attempt a few more times and if it still doesn't work I'm going to have to go to a Sprint Store to get it activated. No problem, that wasn't a big deal.

So they tried a few more times and weren't able to activate so I left there to go to my nearest Sprint Store to get the phone activated. When I get there I sign in and wait for like 10 min and they call me up to the front. They attempt to activate the phone and flat out tell me that the phone can't be activated. I asked them why and they said that it was tied to another account and told me that I had to go back to the Apple Store. That was it.. they didn't even want to help me anymore so because I didn't have a phone, I asked to use theirs which they were kind about and called the Apple Store to see what I needed to do next because I'd never heard of a new phone not being able to be activated.

I talked to a rep from the local Apple Store and explained the situation and they were baffled and had never heard of that before so they asked if they could place me on hold to ask their supervisor so I said no problem. They get back on the phone and advise that that's never happened before and that they were sorry about the inconvenience of my having to go to a Sprint store when clearly if they weren't able to activate it at the Apple Store then chances were that I wouldn't be able to activate it at a Sprint store so they said to come back in so that I could get another replacement.

Mind you, the nearest Apple Store to my apartment is about 25 minutes away and I was supposed to take my wife to her doctor's appointment. I told the Apple Store rep that I had a doctor's appointment to go to and if it would be ok if I stopped by after and he said no problem. Well I went home only to find out that my wife had cancelled her appointment and didn't want to go so I had gone home for nothing. That was super irritating for sure. You never realize how inconvenient it is when you don't have a phone to be able to communicate because if I would have known that she didn't want to go to her appointment I would have just drove back to the Apple Store.

Fast forward about an hour and a half later I show back up at the Apple Store and tell them the situation at hand and so they start playing with the phone they gave me and low and behold, they get the thing activated. You have no idea how excited I was! It was like I had connection to the outside world again. But then it made me wonder what the hell happened at the Sprint Store and why they weren't able to activate it and why they would tell me it was attached to another account. That made me so irritated because I felt like they were so unhelpful and didn't give a crap about the situation at hand not to mention they straight up lied to my face. I definitely won't be going to that location again.

Luckily, I am not tied into a contract with Sprint, I don't have the best service but then again I don't really feel like there are any service providers that provide great coverage at the moment. I'm so thankful that Apple is so generous and willing to help their customers.. I just wish that Sprint was the same way :p

What do you guys suggest as a service provider? Do you guys like these kind of posts or no (if not, no worries, thanks for letting me rant this time :P) ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Happy Lazy Sunday!

until next time <3

..diana

2 comments:

  1. What a miserable experience, but glad to hear it all worked out! I have verizon for my phone, and while I haven't had any major issues with it, they no longer do unlimited data. Which means I put off upgrading my phone for the longest time, but last weekend finally did and now own my first iphone!

    And just letting you know, I'm stopping by from the Bloggers without Babies link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! that's so exciting to get your first iphone! i hope that you are enjoying yours as much as I enjoy mine :) and that's awesome! thanks for stopping by! I have been visiting tons of blogs through the link up and I think it's a great way to find new blogs :)

      Delete