Sunday, January 19, 2014

Favorite Beauty Products of 2013: Skincare Edition

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I know this is a tad late but I wanted to go ahead and post my favorite beauty products of 2013. I will be choosing items for skincare, beauty products for face, eyes, lips, etc, but I will be doing separate posts for each so that I don't have a super long blog post and for those who don't want to read only specific areas then it will be super easy to just go to that post.

Let's get started with skincare! My skin type is combo skin but then dry at the same time if that makes sense. I am oily in my t-zone but everywhere else tends to be dehydrated and dry.



My favorite facial cleanser is the Garnier Radiance Renewal Cleansing Gelee. I have been using this cleanser for about 6 months now and I love it. The texture is a thick type of gel and a little goes a long way. I love this stuff because I feel that because of the gel formula, it cleanses my skin really well and makes it feel squeaky clean but without drying out my face. It does great removing any excess makeup that my makeup remover doesn't take off and I feel like it does great in making sure that my pores don't get clogged. It smells like tangerines which is definitely a plus too!



Next up is my favorite toner which is the Skinfood Deep Sea Water Multi toner. I absolutely love this stuff! It really tones my face but does not dry it out at all. It does a great job of prepping my skin for my moisturizer and I feel like it does make my skin look hydrated and just nice. This also smells really clean.



My favorite moisturizer is the Skinfood Deep Sea Water Multigel. Now this isn't your typical moisturizer because it is a complete gel formula but it definitely helps with putting extra hydration in your skin. This is typically used after toner but before moisturizer. For the most part I can just use this as my moisturizer and it does great. Since I started using the multi toner and multi gel I have not experienced any dry patches on my face which is awesome!



My 2 favorite masks are both from The Body Shop. For a clarifying and deep pore cleansing I love using The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask which works pretty well. I feel like it cleans out my big pores without drying out or irritating my skin. It also smells really nice as well. I do this about once a week or try to anyway :P For an extra burst of cleansing and hydration I use The Body Shop Honey and Oat Mask. I love this mask because it cleanses and gently exfoliates and it's also really hydrating. I try using this about once a week as well and I feel like with using both of these at least once a week it really keeps my skin looking and feeling great.



Lastly is my favorite chemical exfoliant which is the Skinfood Pineapple Peeling Gel. I started using this about 6 months ago after reading a bunch of reviews on how gentle but effective this exfoliant was and I love this stuff! I use it about once a week and it definitely takes off all the dry and dead skin I have on my face and makes my moisturizer sink in better and makeup go on smoother. I love the fact that you can actually see and feel that it is working. When you place this on your dry clean face and rub in circular motions, the dead skin literally balls up all over your face and you just rinse off. Now at first I was skeptical because I thought that maybe the gel was meant to do that and so it would ball up no matter what but I was wrong. I tested it again right after doing it the first time and when I used it the second time there was barely any balling up of dead skin. It's so gentle and didn't irritate my skin when I did it twice in a row. This stuff is hands down amazing and one of my Holy Grail products.

What are some of your favorite skincare products of 2013? I didn't include a eye cream because I have yet to find one that I like. Any suggestions?

I will be posting the next edition of beauty products of 2013 tomorrow :)

until next time <3

..diana

No comments:

Post a Comment