Friday, January 17, 2014

MeMe Box 3rd Edition Beauty Box Review!

Hey Everyone!

Omg! I have been so excited waiting for my memebox and I am so excited to tell you guys about it today! I originally heard about this box from Dani on youtube on coffeebreakwithdani(www.youtube.com/coffeebreakwithdani) and I was even more excited because I'm half Korean and I love Korean beauty products! :D Now to give you a little bit of background as far as what memebox is. Memebox is a beauty subscription box and the number 1 beauty box in Korea but it is not monthly. Basically what happens is every time there is a new box coming out you receive an email stating that the new box is coming and if you want it you can buy it at that time. The reason why this box is so exciting to me is that the beauty box is a Korean beauty box that gets shipped directly from Korea with all the newest skincare and beauty. The box is $21 a month plus $6.95 shipping so about $27 total but in this box you receive anywhere from 5-7 beauty products and many of them are full size. The coolest thing is that they guarantee that your box will be worth at least $100 in full size products every box! I feel like currently there is nothing like this on the market, the only downside to this box is that they are not customized for each person, everyone gets the same thing.. but that doesn't bother me :)

I just received my box today and let me tell you that I am thoroughly impressed! Now onto the exciting part! Let me show you what I got :)



First thing's first, how cute is the packaging? It's all pink and pretty :) Like birchbox, this box also has a card with information on all the products in the box and lets you know what is full size and what is sample size along with the pricing. On the card it also shows pictures of all the items at the bottom with corresponding numbers so that you are able to see what item goes with what. I think that is especially helpful with this box because sometimes a product may have only Korean writing on it and if you aren't Korean or don't know how to read it, you would have no idea what to do with the product. In this box there are 8 items total and 5 of them are full size! I was so impressed by this!



The first item on the card is the Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream. This is a deluxe sample size with 30ml but when I saw it I seriously thought it was a full size item. According to the card the full size item is 75ml but I am still super impressed by how big this sample is. This face cream is light in texture and contains a lot of milk serum which apparently is really good at hydrating the skin. Now because of the name of this product I was really scared to know what it smelled like but I was pleasantly surprised because it just smells light and clean with a slight herbal smell to it.



The next item is the Dr. Jahrt V7 Eye Serum 15ml which is a full size product. This eye serum contains 7 different vitamins (vitamins A,B3,B5,C,E,H & F) and it supposed to be useful in depuffing bags under the eyes. This item retails for $38. I'm super excited to try this out.



Next is the Tony Moly Delight Tony Tint Red 1.5ml. The full size is 9ml. This sample is pretty small but if you notice from the swatch it is super pigmented and a little goes a long way. It is a super pretty red stain and let me tell you, it does stain big time. I washed my hands and the stain was still there. I even took a shower and I still had the stain swatched on my hand so it definitely lasts a pretty long time. I am really excited to put this on my lips for sure.



Next up is the Banila Co. It Radiant Brightening Cream and CC cream. This is a deluxe sample which still seems like a decent size. Silly me I forgot to take the stuff out of the box and swatch it for you. Hopefully this won't be too dark for my super pale skin tone :p



The next full size item I got were these eyelashes. These retail for $3 a pair. To me they look pretty natural so that's always a good thing. I can't wait to try these out.



This is the Secret Key Twinkle Waterproof Gel Pencil Liner in Deepest Black. This is also a full size item and retails for $8. The swatch on this is a little bit blurry but I was kind of disappointed with the color because it was not super black like I thought it would be. It looked like an ashy black/dark grey. On one hand beause it's called deepest black I was disappointed with the lack of pigment but on the other hand I really like the color because its less harsh looking which I definitely enjoy so overall I think I'm going to get some great use out of this product.



Next up is the Nuganic Customized Sunblock Fresh SPF 50 PA+++ 40ml. This item is full size and I'm really excited for this because I went over the ingredients and there are no chemical sunscreens in it and it has a ton of skincare goodies that are really good for your skin. This item retails for $45. I definitely feel like I will be getting a lot of usage out of this item for sure.



The last item I received in the box is the Papa Recipe Princess Lip Gel Patch and this is full size as well and retails for $3. This item is supposed to be placed on your lips for 10-20 minutes for ultra hydration. I am really curious about this product and can't wait to try it out. I've never seen anything like it so that's exciting to try something so new.

Memebox wasn't kidding when they guarantee $100 per box. I believe that the full size items I received in this box retails around $110. Overall I am so happy with my box and can't wait to start trying out the products. I have to say that I can't wait for the next edition as well! I think I have found a great beauty box for sure. Definitely worth the $27 including shipping! What do you guys think?

until next time <3

..diana

No comments:

Post a Comment