Friday, January 17, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Hey Everyone!

Today I am showing you guys what I got in my January Ipsy bag and how I feel about it. For those of you who don't know what the ipsy bag is, it is a monthly beauty subscription service that is $10 a month. They send you anywhere from 4-6 deluxe samples of the latest beauty/skincare from some of the more popular makeup brands and some new and upcoming makeup brands. I have been subscribed to ipsy for more than 6 months and I definitely think that it is worth the $10 a month.

Now onto the contents of the january ipsy bag :)





The first thing in my ipsy glam bag is the Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm which is supposed to be a unique lip balm because it contains a natural blend of fatty acid esters and plant protein-based nutrients to nourish skin. I have tried it on my lips and it does indeed feel really nice and moisturizing and does really feel like it keeps your lips moisturized even after it wears off. There isn't much of a scent, there's a light citrus smell but definitely very light and doesn't really taste like anything.



The next thing out of my bag was a deluxe sample of the Benefit Porefessional primer. Now I have heard rage reviews about the product but have yet to try it. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 for a full size bottle of this primer but I am super excited to try this out and see what the hype is all about.



Now when I pulled this item out of the bag I thought it was really interesting because it is considered a natural/organic body balm. I did try it out and it is very greasy feeling which I don't like. One thing that I did like is that when I washed it off there was still some remnants that stayed behind on my hands and helped moisturize. The huge thing that I do not like about this product is the smell. It smells awful! I don't even know how to explain it but it was really offputting for me. It is super unfortunate because I feel like this is a decent sized sample.



I was kind of disappointed when I pulled out this next item which is the Yaby Natural Finish Liquid Foundation. I think that putting bases like this in subscription bags/boxes is really difficult because everyone has different skin tones. I received the foundation in the color buff and it is definitely not a skin match for me. It is way too yellow based and too dark for me. After blending the swatch shown it made me look oompa loompa like hehe :p

The last thing I got was the makeup wipes which I totally forgot to take an individual photo of. They are in the pomegranate scent and I guess it's cool to get this in the bag because they are always useful.

Overall this bag wasn't the best since I won't be using a few products out of the bag but still happy about it none the less. Are you a beauty subscription subscriber? What do you subscribe to?

Hope you all enjoyed seeing what I got :)

until next time <3

..diana

No comments:

Post a Comment