Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ulta Friends and Family 20% off Haul!

Hi Everyone!

I've been wanting to do this post for a while now but I was waiting to get the rest of my order before I posted it. I'm super excited about everything I got and want to share with you guys. I'm going to ask you ahead of time to forgive me if the pictures aren't 100 great, I'm still learning the best ways to take them for the best quality so please bare with me while I continue to play around with them.

Now onto the haul!



I have finally caved in and purchased the Urban Decay Stay All Night Setting Spray. I've never been really into setting sprays but I wanted to see what all the hype is about so I'm really excited to try it out.

After hearing so many rave reviews on the Jack Black Lip Balms, I also decided to try these out, specially since it was in a 2 pack for $12 plus the coupon. I haven't tried them yet but I can't wait :)

Now, I have been on the search for a good makeup wipe because the new Neutrogena ones aren't cutting it anymore. They seem to be drier and they don't take off makeup very well. I heard a few good reviews on the Ponds Wet Makeup Towelettes from the beauty community on YouTube and I have used these a few times and I think they work great. They don't work super well on mascara but I use an eye makeup remover first anyway so that's not an issue for me.

After running out of my seaweed clay mask from the body shop, I decided I wanted to try something different for a change so I decided to pick up the Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mask with Strawberry and Yarrow. It smelled really good and I've heard nothing but good things about it so I picked it up. It was also more than half the price of the mask at the body shop so that's always nice :)



I got the Too Face Matte Palette vs the Naked Basics Palette because I liked how it had more colors than just browns. I felt like it would be more versatile :) The swatches are in the following order: (top right pic) Tufted Suede, Chinchilla and Coffee Bean. (bottom left pic)Velveteen Bunny, Pebbles, and London Fog. (bottom right pic) Fresh Linen, Vintage Violet and Midnight. I liked how this palette had a row for matte browns, matte blueish colors and matte purplish colors. All eyeshadows were really creamy and great color payoff.



I was super excited to get this Urban Decay Naked 3 duo eyeliner because the colors are on the purpleish taupe side and are very subtle and pretty. I've already worn the Darkside before and simply love the color. Blackheart is nice because even though it is black it is not super black so it's not harsh looking at all. The swatches are in the following order: Darkside (purple taupe) and Blackheart (matte black with pinky glitter)



I got 4 different lip products for NYX. The top two in the picture are swatches of NYX Butter Lip Gloss in Strawberry Parfait (pretty pink) and Creme Brulee (pretty sheer color on the nudey side) and the bottom two are the NYX Butter Lip Balm in Brownie (sheer nude) and Red Velvet (sheer red). All of these butter lip products from NYX are on the sheer side but I like them because they still give a slight hint of color.



These Stila Waterproof Smudge Sticks were on super sale, I got all 5 of them for less than $15. All of them have amazing pigmentation and glide on super easy. Once they set, they don't move either which is definitely a plus. Swatches from top to bottom: Stingray (jet black), Lionfish (brown), Aubergine (burgundy purple), Navy (blue), and Emerald (green).




I'm super excited to have gotten the Tarte Be MatteNificent palette! Ever since I saw this palette, it was love at first sight because it contained matte pinky purples which I feel look really good with green or hazel eyes. The swatches on this palette are kind of wonky so I'm super sorry about that but the first color is the blush and then the eyeshadows in order as you see them on the palette and the last two swatches are the eyeliner swatches on the bottom. All these eyeshadows are super pigmented and blend really nicely. This is my first Tarte palette and I'm super impressed and loving it!



Now these last two items I didn't get at Ulta but I wanted to go ahead and include them. Aren't these Inglot blushes so pretty? These colors are definitely out of my comfort zone but when I swatched them I had to have them because they were so pretty and creamy. The only thing I hate is the fact that Inglot doesn't have color names they go by numbers. The colors I got are 29 (matte orange) & 55 (matte pinky purple)(in order of the palette, the colors are swapped on the swatch so the swatch is 55 & 29).

The last thing I picked up was a new eyelash curler. I had been on a hunt for a new one and after reading tons of reviews I decided to go with the Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler. From what I read it's one of the eyelash curlers to have so I'm excited to try it out. I really like the fact that the cushion on the eyelash curler is red. It give it a pop of color.

I am planning on doing reviews on some of the items as soon as I have had a fair amount of time to try them out so be on the lookout for those! Do you guys have any of the items I've bought? Do you love them or hate them? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Again, sorry this is kind of all over the place :) I hope you enjoyed!

until next time <3

..diana

**disclaimer: I bought everything shown and I'm in no way trying to brag or anything, I'm just sharing because I love reading these kind of posts :) **

1 comment:

  1. I so wish we had ULTA here, both of the palettes are beautiful! The inglot blushes are also lovely x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete